Monday, June 20, 2011

You will understand when you're a parent...

I wanted to start this post to share our little family with our big family and friends. We live so far away from our families that it will be nice to be able to have a place for them to go and watch our little guy grow! I have been blogging throughout my pregnancy and now that he could be here any day, it is time to move on to bigger and better things!

I went to the doctor last week and she wanted to wait until June 23 to check my cervix again. If she checks and I am dilating then she wants to induce labor on June 29, which means Baby and my dad will have the same birthday! If I am not dilating she wants to wait until July 7, which is my actual due date. Mom and Dad have gotten their plane tickets and we are so excited for them to get here!

As I am getting closer to the end the nerves are finally beginning to set in, you finally realize that this little guy has to come out some how. We also hope that we will be just as good of parents to our little one as our parents were to us! Bryce has been very supportive through this whole process and continues to be more and more each day. Most days I don't know what I would do without him!

We have had a lot of discussions about our parents and upbringing lately, just to come to realize that when our parents use to tell us, "You will understand when you are a parent," we are finally starting to get a glimpse of what they were talking about, and it hasn't even begun...

1 comment:

  1. Lauren & Bryce,
    You two are starting out right with the support you provide for each other. Never part from that and always be consistent. We all have you in our prayers and love you both dearly. The determination and will that you both have will equip you just fine as new parents. Be patient and always show love and affection on your children and don't forget each other. It is a blessing and a privilege to be a parent. Love you all, Stephens family

    ReplyDelete